As a Clinical Dietitian for the past 11 years, I have gained experience in a number of clinics and hospitals, most notably the American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC).
I am committed to empowering people to make appropriate and sustainable diet and lifestyle choices. I’m passionate about educating patients on nutritional practices designed to prevent disease and promote health with a special interest in nutrition management of cancer patients and patients with other chronic diseases (Diabetes, Hypertension, and Cardiovascular diseases).
My previous role included working closely with the multidisciplinary team to care for patients and provide dietetic recommendations to optimize their overall health and wellbeing.
My interest in health education goes beyond my 1-2-1 counseling sessions and I enjoy building community awareness around healthy living. I have previously collaborated with several NGOs and educational bodies in delivering community based nutrition interventions and campaigns. I have also participated in several health interviews on media outlets as the nutrition expert in relation to health conditions.
Pregnancy, and Breastfeeding
"Leave guilt behind. Guilt is a toxic emotion that creates more damage. When things get out of control (which they do), simply make a gentle U-turn. Think of this as a GPS for the soul. Your GPS doesn't yell at you, call you stupid or judge you for taking a wrong turn. In the sweetest voice imaginable, the GPS reminds you to take the next possible U-turn".
I live by the 80/20 rule! Eating nutritious foods 80% of the time and allowing more freedom to my diet with the other 20%. For my emotional wellbeing, I always try to do things that make me happy such as soaking up the sun and trying out new places.